How To Report Illegal Motorized Activity

Please see the information below from NYS Ranger Joan OldRoyd.  The excerpt below is from an email that was sent to Joan to report a sighting of an illegal ATV in Shindagin Hollow State Forest. How to report a sighting and her contact information are listed below.

Thank you for the information. I will see about getting some more signs up prohibiting off road motor vehicle use. It is good to know that they are also bringing bringing atvs in, the ones that I have encountered are riding from semi local locations. If you happen to notice vehicles that atvs have been off loaded from can you please send me license plate information? That will help in tracking them down and speaking to them about atv use as well as issuing tickets. Please feel free to distribute my contact information to anyone else that you know uses the property and may have information. My patrol district covers 2.5 counties so I rely heavily on information from local state land users to concentrate my patrols so that they are most effective.

Thanks again,
New York State Forest Ranger
Division of Forest Protection, Region 7
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation

2715 State Hwy 80, Sherburne, NY 13460
C: (607) 798-1797 | Dispatch: (518) 408-5050