Cycle-CNY is a non-profit educational association whose mission is to create, enhance and preserve great trail experiences for mountain bikers in the Southern Tier of New York.
Cycle-CNY is the Southern Tier’s local IMBA Chapter. As an Chapter, Cycle-CNY offers a joint membership program with our parent organization, IMBA. Your membership goes to support both local and national mountain bike activities. We are a network of members — individual men and women, families, clubs, retailers, event promoters, and corporate partners. Membership connects you with the world’s largest movement of mountain bikers, as well as directly funding our local mountain bike advocacy and trail building efforts. We share a passion for bicycling and we promote sustainable experiences in the natural world. Members enjoy special benefits and privileges. If you ride, you belong with us. Join or renew now.
Interested in donating to support Cycle-CNY activities? Please contact any of the Board of Directors to discuss opportunities! Or email cyclecny at gmail.com. Check out our list of supporters!
Want to receive emails about group rides and Cycle-CNY events? Sign up by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cycle-CNY shall operate within the general geographic territory of the Southern Tier of NY. The territory for membership will be defined as the counties of Broome, Schuyler, Tompkins, Cortland, Chemung and Tioga. This includes the cities of Ithaca, Binghamton, Cortland, and Elmira.
ORGANIZATION AND STRUCTURE
Cycle-CNY shall operate as an IMBA chartered CHAPTER and utilize IMBA’s IRS 501(c)3 tax exempt status. Cycle-CNY is an incorporated NYS charity organization.
Cycle-CNY is a non-profit educational association whose mission is to create, enhance and preserve great trail experiences for mountain bikers in the Southern Tier of New York, and to create a bicycle friendly community through cycling awareness, safety advocacy and promotion of bicycling for fun, fitness and transportation. Cycle-CNY seeks to preserve, protect, and promote mountain bike access and diverse riding opportunities on New York’s public and private lands through education, communication, and unified action.
• Promotion of responsible riding, maintenance and preservation of mountain biking trails.
• Gain support from other clubs, industry, shops, other trail users and land management groups.
• Trail sustainability. Keep the single track (single).
• Trail user education. Educate cyclists and non-cyclists about mountain biking and provide information on building legal trails.
• Bicycling for fun, health, and wellness – whether solo or with companions.
• Establish community trail networks with appropriate mapping and signage.
• Ensuring the future of mountain biking.
• Encourage youth involvement.
• Clean air and water – sustainability as a 21st century imperative for all communities.
• Integrating bicycling with all other forms of transportation.